Term 1 2015

This term in Indonesian, I will be teaching using TCI (Teaching with Comprehensible Input).  This method is gaining popularity very quickly in America where their curriculum endorses that teachers must speak Indonesian (Spanish, French etc) for no less than 90% of each lesson! Using TCI this year means that I will be teaching in a way which almost exactly replicates the process by which each child learned his/her first language.  They will be a language rich environment made understandable (comprehensible) through the use of body language, visual aids and with lot of repetition through mainly story based activities.  Through this method students will acquire a solid foundation of useful vocabulary and everyday language. It will be a very exciting year in the Indonesian classroom.  As usual, visitors to the Indonesian classroom are always welcome, so feel free to pop in and join us for a lesson.  Your child will love the chance to demonstrate for you!  If this isn’t an option but you would like to learn more about this method, then the following YouTube videos of Dianne Neubauer (a primary Chinese teacher) teaching her parents Chinese are brilliant.

2 thoughts on “Term 1 2015

1. Hi Ibu Sharon! Thanks for sharing my videos. I was playing with analytics on my YouTube channel, and discovered your blog as a result. It’s been exciting to hear about Australian teachers teaching with CI!